For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR), the data controller is Rocket Fuel Health Ltd (company no. 12764057).
Date of last update: August 2021.
2. How we collect data
When you place an order, subscribe to a subscription or subscribe to our newsletter, we collect information from you. Where relevant, you may be asked for your: name, contact information, email address, birthday, credit/debit card information and billing address, shipping address and phone number. You may also be asked for other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. However, you may also visit our site anonymously.
If you do have a subscription with us, we automatically collect data on your menstrual cycle.
3. What do we use your information for?
The information that you provide to us may be used in any of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience with BABEN. By providing us with your information, we are able to respond more accurately to your individual requirements and improve our products and services.
- To process transactions and keep you updated on your subscription (for example, when your order has been dispatched).
- To send periodic emails. The email address that you provide will be used to send you updates regarding your orders and to provide you with promotional information, special offers or information which we think you may find interesting.
- To improve customer service. With your information, we are able to effectively respond to your customer service requests and any support needs you may require.
- To improve our website. We are continually striving to improve our website and product offerings based on information and feedback that we receive from you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research reasons and customer feedback in order to improve our services and customise our website according to your interests.
4. The legal basis for using personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, keeping records of our sales for tax compliance.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store via your browser.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. For further information about how to block
cookies, please refer to your browser ‘help’ section or All About Cookies.
6. Disclosing your personal data
We may share personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers and service providers (such as outsourced services partners, technology service providers, manufacturers and post and courier services);
- Payment services providers, via Shopify – payment processors may take your personal data directly from you as part of processing a purchase, and they will be data controllers in their own right for that processing;
- Auditors and professional advisers like bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- Government, regulators and law enforcement.
We also share data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies above, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties
who have a business need to know.
They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
9. Links to other websites
Our pages may contain links to other websites that we feel may be of interest to you. Please note that once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites as we do not have any control over that website.
10. How do I change or delete my data?
You have the right to ask us what personal data BABEN holds about you. You also have the right to update or edit your personal data, or to ask us to delete your data if you chose no longer to be a customer. For enquiries, please contact us using our contact form.
11. Your consent